Arkham Horror third edition is a cooperative board game for one to six players who take on the roles of investigators trying to rid the world of Eldritch beings known as ancient ones. Based on the works of H.P. Lovecraft, players will have to gather clues, defeat terrifying monsters, and find tools and allies if they are to stand any chance of defeating the creatures that dwell just beyond the veil of our reality.
- THRILLING GAME OF COSMIC HORROR: A dark shadow grows in the city of Arkham. Alien entities known as Ancient Ones lurk in the emptiness beyond space and time, writhing at the thresholds between worlds. Only a handful of investigators stand against the horrors. Will they prevail?
- SCARY STRATEGY GAME: Players take on the role of Arkham investigators as they explore the streets of the city and work together to save humanity from unknowable horrors. Stop occult rituals and destroy alien creatures before the Ancient Ones make our world their ruined dominion.
- COOPERATIVE MYSTERY GAME: Players work as a team to gather clues, defeat terrifying monsters and find tools and allies to stand any hope of defeating the ancient creatures that exist just beyond the veil of our reality.
- HIGHLY VARIABLE: Inspired by the writings of H.P. Lovecraft, each unique scenario puts you in the shoes of an Arkham investigator. Choose one of 12 unique investigators, each with their own abilities, items and backstory. Branching narrative paths make each scenario truly your own. No two games are ever the same.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: The Arkham Horror Board Game collection of scary games for game night is designed for 1 to 6 players and is suitable for ages 14 and older. Average game time is approximately 2 to 3 hours.